The first garden club in America was founded in January 1891 by the Ladies Garden Club of Athens, Georgia. On May 1, 1929, 13 federated states became charter members at an organizational meeting in Washington, D.C. In 1935, the National Garden Clubs established headquarters at Rocklefeller center in New Yourk City. A permanent headquarters building in St. Louis was dedicated May 10, 1958.
Today, National Garden Clubs, INC., (NGC) is a not-for-profit educational organization headquarted in St. Louis, Missouri USA, adjacent to the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Our organization comprises 50 state garden clubs and nearly 200,000 members. Additionally, NGC has 70 national affiliated organizations within the United States and nearly 300 international affiliated organizations with locations ranging around the globe including: Canada, Mexico, South America, Bermuda, South Africa, Australia and Japan.
Theme: " MAKING A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE- CHOICES MATTER"
543 Lakefair Place N.
Keizer, OR 97303-3590
(503) 393-4439 cell (503) 580-1068
Office Manager: Michelle Smith
3301 Magnolia Avenue
St.Louis, Missouri 63110-3492
Telephone (314) 776-7574 / Fax (314) 776-5108
for more information go to the website: